Extension in due dates under Direct Tax
25 June 2020
CBDT has issued a Notification No. 35/2020/ F. No. 370142/23/2020-TPL further extending the time limits of compliances under Income Tax Act:
- Due date for filing Income Tax Return for F.Y 2018-19 has been extended to 31.07.2020.
- Due date for filing Income Tax Return for F.Y 2019-20 has been extended to 30.11.2020.
- Due date for furnishing of report of audit under any provision of Income Tax for FY 2019-20 has been extended to 31.10.2020.
- Waiver of interest u/s 234A in cases where self-assessment tax is upto Rs 1 lakh for FY 2019-20.
- Deductions under Ch-VIA like Sec 80C, 80D, 80G, etc can now be made upto 31.07.2020 for FY 2019-20.
- Deductions u/s 54 or 54GB has been extended to 30.09.2020 for investment falling between 20.03.2020 to 29.09.2020
- TDS Certificates for Q4 2019-20 can be issued till 15.08.2020 including Form 16 of employees.
- The date for furnishing of TDS/TCS statements for the Q4 2019-20 has been extended to 31.07.2020
- The date for furnishing of TDS/TCS statements for government offices for the Q4 2019-20 has been extended to 15.07.2020
- Direct Tax Vivad se Vishwas scheme has been extended till 31.12.2020.